If you are looking to visit FatPig Farm hosted by Matthew Evans, best known for his SBS show The Gourmet Farmer, at one of his legendary, four-hour, long-table lunches. It’s an event from the moment you arrive as Evans or his wife Sadie greets guests in the driveway before ushering everyone inside their farmhouse for drinks, hors d’oeuvres and conversation. The meal is bisected by a guided tour of the 28ha farm, where you’ll see the gardens and orchards that produce what you’re eating, as well as their family of black Wessex saddleback pigs (one prepared earlier will make an appearance on your plate). You cant go past River Front Estate accommodation close to fat pig farm
So you have decided to travel to the Huon Valley. The Valley has a great range of accommodation options to choose from. Immerse yourself in the Huon Valley environment – meet your host’s pets, livestock, and resident native wildlife and birdlife including possums, wallaby, quolls, bandicoots, and wedge-tailed eagles.
The Huon Valley is very popular with Tasmanian’s and interstate visitors as a location for a holiday house (or the Tasmanian term ‘Shack’). What this means is that there is lots of choice for self-contained holiday accommodation.
Why is the Huon Valley a good place for a holiday home and self contained accommodation? The list is long!
- You can enjoy riverside and seaside views and vistas without masses of houses and water goers all around. In fact, you will see hardly anyone most of the time!
- Easy access to the water and the wilderness
- Delicious locally made or caught produce ready to cook up a gourmet feast.
- Access to World Heritage Tasmanian Wilderness Areas, National Parks, and Reserves
- Excellent fishing so you can cook your own freshly caught seafood
- Nice and close to Tasmania’s capital city of Hobart and its international airport
- An abundance of wildlife, birdlife, and sealife.
- Affordable luxury self-contained property in the Huon Valley