The Huon Valley is very popular with Tasmanian’s and even interstate folk as a location for a holiday house (or the Tasmanian term ‘Shack’). What this means is that there is lots of choice for self-contained holiday accommodation.
Why is the Huon Valley a good place for a holiday home and self contained accommodation? The list is long!
- You can enjoy riverside and seaside views and vistas without masses of houses and water goers all around. In fact, you will see hardly anyone most of the time!
- Easy access to the water and the wilderness
- Delicious locally made or caught produce ready to cook up a gourmet feast.
- Access to World Heritage Tasmanian Wilderness Areas, National Parks, and Reserves
- Excellent fishing so you can cook your own freshly caught seafood
- Nice and close to Tasmania’s capital city of Hobart and its international airport
- An abundance of wildlife, birdlife, and sealife.
- Airbnb accommodation at Riverfront Estate